Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Twice confirmed landlubber

I've really been enjoying the posts from Mark and Deanna's sailing blog but the today's post about 20' swells makes me glad I'm on terra firma! Six foot swells in the North Sea off Slieve League in Ireland were enough for me. Our guidebook suggested we take a boat to see these cliffs purportedly the highest in Europe because it was less harrowing than the road....I don't think any road could have been as harrowing as that boat trip!

Back to things a little more my speed...photos of the Pender Island Fall Fair (Not quite sure why a "Fall" fair takes place in August...same person who decided the University of Victoria has only a Fall and Spring and not Winter semester perhaps).




What's a parade without a band...wow, a pipeband as well!


Bring in the clowns....


This one is for Richard...how many times did we go on "Pirates of the Caribbean" when you were five and totally into pirates?


True love on Pender...this goat seems to be enjoying les "gros bisous" de Monique.


First prize for vegetables....it was fun to see all the things people submitted in various categories of produce, flowers, artwork, animals, etc.


I loved these "mini" flower arrangements.


Pig and lamb bar-b-q


Seems like another sunset was a good way to end the photos from Pender.