Sunday, August 28, 2005

And the livin' is easy...

We're back from four wonderful days on Pender Island....great weather, super dining, and taking advantage of everything Island life has to offer. Thank you so much Monique and Walter and Rosemary!


The view from the house...sooo relaxing.


Monique was the only one with the courage to swim...is that sign language for "Help....I'm frozen!"?


Pender Island wildlife


"It's ALIVE!!!"....one day when the ocean water was quite a good temperture these horrible creatures invaded! They are called "lion's mane" according to the locals.


Best eggs on the Island...Shepherd's Croft Farm. I love the way you put the money in the chimney.


I loved this "bookstore". Didn't buy anything here but got a super biography of Hemingway for 50 cents at the Nu-to-You store.


This is one sunset photo I particularly liked...Rosemary has a super collection of them. The exposure is due West and exactly the same as the place my parents had on Gabriola.