Saturday, April 10, 2004

I've been impressed with the art I've seen at Toronto's new Terminal I. I particularly liked this aluminum-plate sculpture of five flying figures by Jonathan Borofsky called "I dreamed I could fly". Perhaps Toronto's airport will make it in the top ten in the world.

Vancouver is #8 and is the only North American airport to make the list. I think it's a wonderful airport and feel very proud every time I enter it. I notice it took a few hits from the evaluators for surly over-zealous customs agents...I can testify to that!

Hong Kong's relatively new airport shares top spot with Singapore's. Ten years ago I was very surprised and disappointed by HK's very dingy airport...glad to see they have something world class now.


"I dreamed I could fly" by Jonathan Borofsky
Location: Terminal I - Toronto Pearson International Airport