Monday, April 05, 2004

Books I'm NOT reading...all rather disappointing...glad I got them from the library!

"Consider This, Senora" by Harriet Doerr. As much as I liked her first novel (Sontes for Ibarra), her writing style seems to have gotten worse in this rather than better...too many happy coincidences and not very authenic sounding. I did like the painting on the cover, though.



"Island" by Jack Hodgins. I heard him read from this and although I enjoyed his reading I figured I wouldn't particularly like the book. Picked it up on a 7 day Fast Read to give it a try.

"Cat's Pilgrimage" by Marily Bowering. Didn't get past the book jacket on this one. Also had read a bad review.

"Tell No One" by Harlan Coben. Thought I might find a good mystery writer here but his style isn't for me.