Monday, December 15, 2003

I did this table of my painting "French Village" for my friend, Carole. I didn't post it before because I wanted it to be a surprise. It's been fun doing the furniture but it really is a tremendous amount of work and fiddling around and also very hard on my back so I won't be doing any more furniture. People scrounging the Oak Bay Dump Exchange area will have lots more to choose from!

I'm going to keep everything else I've done for myself since they are now "limited editions" except one small table I have in mind as a gift for a friend that I haven't given anything to yet. I will be doing one last thing, just the top of a beautiful old Victrola cabinet Don and Elaine are giving me that was Don's mother's. I'm thinking of something very special for this wonderful piece of furniture that will be my last piece of painted furniture...it is a perfect ending to what has been a lot of fun!