Sunday, December 29, 2002

The last of the quicktime movies from our trip. I have decided I don't really like taking video on trips...too much of a hassle worrying about the camera and lugging it around. Give me my lightweight still camera anyday. My son is pleased because he gets to borrow it indefinitely. This one is of our hotel in Siena. We arrived in Siena after a miserable day driving from Florence (almost didn't find our car after parking it on the outskirts of Florence for 6 days), got on the freeway to Rome rather than Siena and made bad choices about getting on the right road, Jim insisted I drive after my contant nagging about going too fast and passing dangerously, then fumed while I poked along behind a slow truck all the rest of the way into Siena. Those of you who travel know those kinds of days well. And we were expecting to get ripped off in one of the most popular hill towns in Tuscany.

We landed up in this fabulous old hotel with a room with a wonderful view of the Tuscan hills and a super back garden. The rate wasn't cheap but included breakfast and dinner. The dinners were wonderful and we sampled some great wines from the region. It was a real old style hotel and we felt completely pampered...just what we needed for three days and it was an excellent base to explore the area.

The music is Tino Rossi's "Viene, Viene" ...our theme song while driving through Italy.

roomwithaview.mov

Our hotel in Siena