Thursday, May 02, 2002

Today my page is dedicated to Victoria and Madeleine of London, England. Last summer, they gave me a great idea for my rather grubby basement. I had turned my rusty old oiltank into a "yellow submarine" and they volunteered to make some tropical fish for the ocean part. I think they did a terrific job and it gave me the idea of creating an "ocean" in the whole basement and having friends and family contribute. I've had quite a few painting parties and we've all had tremendous fun with this. More pictures of contributions to come!


The "yellow submarine" (with apologies to the Beatles) that began it all.


Victoria and Madeleine and their tropical fish


A rusty old freezer transformed and my favourite type of whales.
My friend, Fern, did the tropical fish.


My lighthouse


Killer whale by my son, Richard, and seahorse by my friend, Barbara.