Friday, May 03, 2002

Artwork is something I never thought I would do having never gone past stick figures in school. My friend, Carole, got me doing some mosaic tile stepping stones and I found I really enjoyed playing around with colour that way. This gave me the courage to do some absolute beginner art courses and I've just had tremendous pleasure out of drawing and painting since then. Carole does the most amazing watercolours and wonderful portraits of her grandchildren. I'm very grateful to Carole for getting me going and also my friend, Marnie, inspired me as well. She does these wonderful murals on big white rolls of paper using felt pens. I was very attracted to her use of colour. Perhaps Carole and Marnie will have blogs one day and post their work. I've included their contributions to my ocean today along with some others.


Carole's tidepool


Marnie's mermaid


Trish's shipwreck


Contribution by my husband, Jim.