Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A wonderful lunch with Roger and Kerry yesterday at the English Bay Cactus Club

It was a gorgeous day and it was so great to see our very old friends from high school and university. Roger and Kerry had some business in the West End and took us out for lunch before heading out to Port Moody to see family.   Roger just got home from Ethiopia on Saturday, and they flew from Edmonton to Vancouver that morning.  I know they were both tired so it was very special that they made time to see us.  For a number of years Roger has been working on a project to reduce rates of maternal and newborn mortality in Ethiopia which has the highest rates in all of Africa. And he came bearing gifts from Ethiopia.  Thanks so much,  Roger.  I know I'm going to love wearing the shawl on our just slightly chilly summer evenings.

A handprinted card on goatskin.



A hand carved and painted wooden mask.



My shawl....I love the colours!