Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Visited the Palm Springs Library yesterday...

 I got some "Hot off the Press" books....Richard Russo's "Everybody's Fool" and Zadie Smith's "Swing Time".  I loved Russo's "Empire Falls" and  "Bridge of Sighs"  so I think his current one won't disappoint.  I haven't finished anything Zadie Smith has written since "White Teeth"  so hoping this one will be a winner for me.  It's a problem when you write such a brilliant novel at the age of 24.

Jim scoured the used books for sale and got four treasures.  We also got the DVD of   "A Clockwork Orange" and watched it last night.  It is brilliant but the violence still shocks.  We saw this in London in 1972 and it made quite an impact because of the movie and also it was the first time seeing a movie in a London movie theatre....smoking,  drinking...all quite exciting.  The movie was banned in England not long after.

I was quite impressed by these models of mid Century Modern structures and it make me think that a mid Century Modern dollhouse could be quite fun to have...I never did have a dollhouse as a kid...