Monday, January 02, 2017

What I'm reading at the start of the New Year....

In addition to dipping into my lovely "Little Pleasures of Paris"....

I've had this "Illustrated Letters of Jane Austen"  around for  while.  It will be a dipping into book too.

And I haven't read an Alexander McCall Smith for a while so that will be "comfort food".



I'm currently reading "Do Not Say We Have Nothing"  and very impressed as were the folks who chose this for the Governor General's,  the Giller  (wow...winning both prizes)  and short listed for the Booker.   Of course,  McEwan is a must read for me.



The "PARIS,  paris"  will be a dipping into and I have already read some of "Liverpool Lad"...written by someone who lives on Saltspring.  I read a review in the Vancouver Sun and thought it sounded interesting and it is.