Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Little Pleasures of Paris

I found a couple of other things I didn't know about before I read this lovely book Elaine gave me for Christmas.

French postage stamps...the famous Matisse that we have in Palm Springs and that was in our villa in Carqueiranne in 2005.


The other thing is that there are lots of skating rinks that pop up around Paris during the winter.  I guess we've never really been to Paris in the winter.  If I had known this we may have torn ourselves away from the south of France to take a look.  The Eiffel Tower has one...this is literally so cool!

From the 15 December 2016 to the 19 February 2017, the ice skating rink will be located on the 1st floor of the tower and features the colours of the World Ice Hockey Champions.
Once again this winter, the Eiffel Tower welcomes all those who want to ice-skate and have fun, 57 metres above ground, overlooking all of Paris. What's new this year? A genuine ice hockey rink (a little smaller naturally!) and a glimpse into this sport which will be be taking centre stage in Paris next May.