Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A busy day....

Jim was having lunch with Dick today so I went to the Food Fair at City Square before my treatment to have lunch.   I chose my meal based on which kiosk was doing the most business and wanted to try something I had never had before.  Teya Grill had the biggest line up and I chose Beef Yakisoba.

This is my beef being cooked up fresh...a lot better than choosing something from a warming oven.




Then at the Cancer Agency the cart that supplies free tea and coffee for patients and their caregivers came round.    I had a lovely cup up Earl Grey tea.



Then to The Sylvia to meet Maureen.  We always have a nice chat and who couldn't like The Sylvia on a rather gloomy day although the rain did stop and a bit of sunlight was peaking through while we were there.



And then Richard came for dinner.    It was great to see him.  He's had a bad cold so wanted to be well before he visited.   We had home-made burgers and peanut butter cookies.  Two things that we used to have a lot at home when he was growing up.


As usual,  Richard got dragooned into helping Jim with some tech issues.



At least he was rewarded with a Guinness tie I bought at a thrift store in Palm Springs (and the got some extra cookies to bring home).