Saturday, September 10, 2016

Wonderful day out with Linda and Cec

It was just so much fun today and of course an amazing meal at the Bacchus Bistro at Chaberton Winery.  We bought a case of wine mainly their white Bacchus which is fabulous sipping wine.  Linda and Jim had their amazing boeuf bourguignon,  Cec, the ribeye,  and me the trout almandine.  Wow!  Cec and I had the table d'hote so we shared our apples and dessert.  For me a wonderful terrine,  Cec.  a squash soup and then desserts,  bread pudding (to die for) and an apple crumble.  The desserts sound very plebeian but,  trust me,  nothing is plebian at this place!

Some photos.

In the tasting room



Terrine



There's the beef!



I took half the trout home. Every dish came with these wonderful scallop potatoes.



Our desserts.