Wednesday, December 10, 2014

All About Books...

We had the second meeting of our Canyon Sands interest group of "All About Books".  We now number 12 people and it's just great to know these ladies who love books!  It really is a great format to have people just talk about what they're reading rather than a discussion of a book.  I highly recommend this format to book groups.  Kathy,  our fearless coordinator, brought books by P.D. James to talk about…one "Time to be in Earnest…A Fragment of Autobiography".  I recounted my letter and email from P.D. and the group really enjoyed hearing about it.  And Deb suggested an "air toast" to P.D. James.   Great stuff.

 I have created a  "Canadian Writers" section in our lending library.  I donated 8 books and put Canadian flag stickers on them.  Three people took books so I have customers already!  They took the Alice Munro,  Carol Shields,  and Louise Penny….great choices.