Friday, December 05, 2014

A mystery answered...

In the Desert Sun newspaper there is a column called "Question at Will" written by Will Toren.  He takes all questions and comes up with answers.  I've enjoyed reading his column and sad to hear today's was his last column.  He didn't give any reason but he did answer a number of questions that had been sent to him and one was mine.

This was my email to him:

Dear Will,

My husband and I usually just play nine holes at the Resort Course at Tahquitz.  When we ride back to the clubhouse we notice a couple of spots that are about 5 degrees colder for a few seconds then it warms up again.  Any ideas why this is?

Thanks.

Janice

His answer:

To:  Janice Sexton

The undulating terrain of many golf courses can create microclimates when the bountiful irrigation evaporates at different rates for different elevations and surfaces, so that might explain the cold spots you experience at Tahquitz.  But I wouldn't rule out ghosts entirely.

Makes sense to me….the ghosts,  that is…!