Sunday, July 07, 2013

A special birthday present....as always!

Elaine always manages to find these perfect birthday presents and this year was no exception!  But I think it is the first year she liked what she bought me so much she asked Don to buy it for herself as well for her birthday which is tomorrow.  It will be the first time in many years that we have not been together to celebrate our birthdays but we will be celebrating in two weeks time when Don and Elaine come to visit.

Thank you so much, dear friend!


I just love these red (love this red!)  bone china mugs with various versions of the very well known French "Le Chat Noir" and some wonderful herbal teas were included as well.  Within minutes of opening Jim and I were enjoying a mug of tea.

I googled Le Chat Noir and came up with this interesting information.  I knew it was a cabaret of some kind but didn't know the history.

http://www.frenchaffair.com.au/fun/chatnoir.htm

And that led to looking at the homepage of this blog "The French Affair"  and it's really quite neat.  I've signed up for their newsletter and their previous newsletters have lots of interesting things about all things of France and French.  So,  yet another gift!

Note:  I find it a funny coincidence that I began reading Bill Bryson's "Down Under" (about his adventures in Australia) a week or so ago,  then the reading choice for a book club discussion I plan to attend is a novel written by an Australian and takes place in  Australia,  and then The French Affair blog is written by a woman in Brisbane...