Wednesday, July 03, 2013

A glorious day

A couple of wonderfully warm swims in the ocean and a fabulous sunset.  I've been reading  Bill Bryson's "Down Under" and he recounts a visit to a place in the Outback called White Cliffs and comments that it would take a sum in the low zillions to settle there until he saw the sunset.  A local said he never intended to settle there but found the sunsets hard to give up.  I would find these sunsets we get from our apartment now hard to give up too!

In the evening Jim went and played pitch and putt and I attended the monthly dinner meeting of the Vancouver Newcomers Club (for women new to Vancouver)  and joined up.   As the woman who sent me a welcome email today said "As you have, no doubt, observed, this is the most fun-loving, open-minded group of women around"

I would definitely agree...a very lively and friendly group and I'm looking forward to participating in some of their activities.  They have a daytime book club which is discussing "The Paris Wife"  which I read a while ago and enjoyed.

Oh...did a post a photo of a sunset yet?  :)