Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My old stamping ground...

We went out to Central Park Pitch and Putt to pick up a couple of golf "caddies"...carriers for a few clubs and balls that are ideal when playing the small courses. They didn't seem to be available anywhere else.

It was fun to go out there and see the changes. I spent a lot of time in Central Park with my trusty Cocker Spaniel called Rusty. Probably a good thing he was around to protect me!

Our old house is the same only no longer white and there's a fence around it plus they made a back addition. Most of the houses in the neighbourhood have been torn down. One other one that wasn't was the Kirkpatrick's house...one of the girl's there, Sylvia, babysat me and taught me piano lessons.

45th Avenue has now become a very quiet street as they've made part of it one way and lots of traffic calming. Great for the folks living there!


Our new golf caddies.


The Kirkpatrick's old house.


Mostly houses like this now.


A brief glimpse of my elementary school. Carleton School almost was closed this year but got a reprieve.


Collingwood United is now a Chinese church.


The house I grew up in from age 4 to when I left home.