Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sea Cruise to Seattle

We just got back from taking the Victoria Clipper to Seattle for a couple of days...saw lots of new things! Blogger doesn't seem to want to upload photos so those later.


A rather blurry look at Victoria Harbour through the window.



This scene may be one of the past if they replace the blue bridge...I hope they do come up with a great new design.



In Seattle now and thought this building looked very much like the Marine Building in Vancouver..actually quite a lot of art deco in Seattle even the Roosevelt where we stayed.



The wonderful new Seattle Public Library and it's a super facility with lots of stafff around to help. Certainly well used. I'm always very attracted to unusual architecture but it didn't quite feel right to me but if I lived in Seattle I may have comed to love it.



What a wonderfully bathed in light reading room...and I think it would be quite wonderful in the pouring rain too.



This is the fifth floor which is all meeting rooms and yes, the halls are all red. Rather gimmicky and also a weird sensation. I think it could be quite unpleasant and disorienting for some people.