Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A new day dawns



Yesterday began with a beautiful sunrise. It was very moving to watch the emotion and excitement with Obama's inauguration. I think it did remind people of the moon landing when just about everyone in the world watched it. I thought of that and took a photo of the TV just as I did when the moon shot happened.



I thought his speech was serious and down to earth and just what was needed. It wasn't a time for soaring rhetoric. I liked the fact that he included "non-believers" in his appeal to people of all religious faiths. And didn't we all smile when the Rev. Joseph Lowery said:

....help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man, and when white will embrace what is right."

But of course it was the kids that stole the show.



It certainly is going to be interesting being in the US these next couple of months.