Thursday, January 11, 2007

Like a winter day in the south of France...

It's beautifully sunny and cold today and reminds me of the cold sunny days we had in France in 2005. Our villa there was wonderfully designed to catch the sun and although it was so cold and windy (unusual winter) some days I didn't even feel like walking 10 minutes to get a bagette of the most wonderful bread in the world. (I always did, however.) It was so cosy by the windows and the fireplace.

I'm planning my activities today to spend most of the time in the sunroom and will drag Jim away from his book project for pastis and tapenade in the afternoon. Hope things start to get unusually mild when we begin our trek south to Palm Springs at the end of the month...



Les Mourillons beach in Toulon...we had some great moules-frites there one cold sunny day.