Monday, January 01, 2024

New Year's in NYC

As I'm sure I've posted many times we were in NYC one New Year's with Don and Elaine. Jim and I ended up watching the festivities on our hotel TV as I got quite claustrophobic in the crowds. It didn't help that I was hearing a conversation from some guys I was squeezed up against that he was out on parole for murder. Our hotel was quite close so we could see the crowds leaving. I'm glad I wasn't in that throng.
"NEW YORK (AP) — The confetti has been tested for airiness. The giant numerals – 2 0 2 4 – are in place. And the luminous ball, bedazzled with 2,688 crystal triangles, is fixed to the pole from which it makes its 60-second descent at 11:59 p.m. With throngs of revelers set to usher in the new year under the bright lights of Times Square, officials and organizers say they are prepared to welcome the crowds and ensure their safety. At a security briefing Friday, New York City Mayor Eric Adams said there were “no specific threats” to the annual New Year’s Eve bash, which is expected to draw tens of thousands of people to the heart of midtown Manhattan on Sunday." I posted this last night before midnight so hope everything went well. Update: Everything did go well.