Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Just love these snowmen!

From Nice News: "While most were soaking up the height of summer in July, Pauline Parker was thinking about snow. That’s when the Burlington, Wyoming, artist began making personalized, wooden snowmen for all of her neighbors. And by all, we mean each and every resident. “I started in July, and I thought, well, I’ll do everybody in Burlington one, which was 142 houses,” Parker told Q2 News. “I think snowmen bring joy to you.” To date, she’s painted more than 300 adorable snowmen for Burlington and, by popular demand, has even given some to families in other nearby towns in the state’s Big Horn Basin. “My last count was 316,” Parker said. “You can find brown-eyed snowmen, or blue or green.” Per Cowboy State Daily, the holiday project is a community effort — Parker received a wood donation as well as $600 from Burlington for her artwork. “They’re all adorable,” said resident Jenny Booth. “I’m an artist myself, and I swear I could not do the snowmen that she does. She has such a generous heart. It’s very Hallmark-like.”"