Sunday, November 20, 2022

Getting hugged by an octopus

 I found this to be a pretty interesting story and reminded me of the time I hugged an elephant in Thailand. Well, the elephant wasn't in the wild but it was an amazing experience all the same. 

I'm not sure I could have remained calm in an encounter with an octopus...yikes!

"B.C. scuba diver Andrea Humphreys’ new acquaintance greeted her more like a long-lost friend, with extended arms, then a full-body hug, and finally a kiss, lip to tentacle.


Humphreys’ “mind-blowing” encounter was with a giant Pacific octopus.


The schoolteacher’s video of the rare moment with the creature, in three-metre-deep water off Campbell River on Vancouver Island, has gone viral.


“I’ve been diving for 12 years. I have never had that. It was just mind-blowing, and it was so incredible,” said Humphreys, who has done more than 675 dives around the world but describes her interaction with the octopus as the experience of a lifetime."

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/watch-bc-diver-encounter-with-giant-pacific-octopus?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Sunrise%20Newsletter%20VS%202022-11-07&utm_term=VS_Sunrise