Sunday, May 11, 2014

Brunch at Richard's for Mother's Day

Richard had us over for brunch at his new apartment.  Great space for him and almost next door to Meinhardt's on Granville.  Would love to have the Wolf gas stove and in-suite washer/dryer!  And he upgraded our iPhones, iPad…didn't think he had much more tech stuff to do for us but…!  Perhaps his friend who is getting the Catfé going should offer "Borrow a kid" services for us old folks and all our tech devices.  Thank you, Richard!

We gave Ian a call and he was sounding good.

 Front door….an interesting space with skylights and a view of the mountains on the end.

 Love the kitchen!

 Large balcony
 Now,  if I could have found a coffee table like this I wouldn't have painted my old one but I love my Mondrian table now that it's done.

 An old Mac Plus that still works with Hypercard…where all the computing stuff began with Richard and me.

 Good old reel to reel film projector.  Amazing to think that when I first started teaching,  teachers weren't expected to even be able to work this technology themselves.  And an old piano type thing that Ian picked up somewhere.