Tuesday, July 05, 2011

For Uncle Roy

My Uncle Roy passed away June 22. He was my mother's brother and the last of my mother's siblings. I have always had tremendous admiration for my grandmother who immigrated from Sweden as a young woman and raised her four children pretty much on her own. They went through tough times but all became fine citizens.

Stanley Park and English Bay provided wonderful free recreation for the family and as I look out on the slide at English Bay from my window I think of them having a blast going down it and all the fun our families had at picnics and Stanley Park.



CAVALLIN, Roy Fred It is with saddened hearts the family announces the passing of Roy - ""Rocky"", Fritzy (September 16, 1919 - June 22, 2011). Roy was predeceased by his beloved Isabell, brother John, sisters Florence and Elsie. He is survived by son Tim and sister-in-law Phyllis Brown, seven nieces and a nephew. Roy was a well known trainer for the B.C. Lions, was inducted into the Canadian Lacrosse Hall of Fame and a huge supporter and worker for the Special Olympics which Isabell helped to start. A celebration of Roy will be held on Tuesday, July 12, at Ocean View Funeral Home Chapel (Burnaby) at 1:00 p.m. No flowers by request. Donations could be made to the charity of your choice.

I enjoyed reading this account of my uncle's lacrosse days:

Central Desktop