Friday, September 29, 2006

Chestnuts

It must be Fall if the chestnuts are falling. I pass a wonderful chestnut tree on my walk to the beach. I always loved collecting chestnuts as a kid and Richard collected chestnuts from this tree when he was the age to treasure these mahogany beauties. I picked up a pocketful yesterday to keep the spiders at bay. Not sure if it works but worth a try. These west coast monsters (according to some of my golfing buddies from the east, the spiders aren't so huge back there...they were initially quite shocked by the size of ours) will soon be creeping inside escaping the cooler weather when it comes although it seems like this wonderful weather will never end. We had a great lunch basking in the sun at the Blackfish Restaurant in the inner harbour yesterday.








A wonderful old pine tree I pass on my way to the beach as well.