Thursday, June 01, 2006

Villette

This past week I've been reading Charlotte Bronte's novel called "Villette" and assuming the name of the village "Villette" where it takes place was fictional. In the TC on the weekend there was an article on Chateau de la Villette which is an estate northwest of Paris in the village of Villette which served as Sir Leigh Teabing's pad in "The Da Vinci Code" movie. When I looked up "Villette" on Mapquest to see where the village was located, it appears there are no less than 9 villages called Villette in France!

Rather a coincidence I should pick up this book just as the movie hits town. Bronte's novel is almost exclusively character development...the opposite of the Da Vinci Code which is exclusively plot and action. I will never understand what all the fuss is about with Brown's novel. A super example of a page turner great for reading on planes and it ends at that for me.