Tuesday, April 08, 2003

I think I've contacted most people who read this blog but just to let anyone I've missed know that we decided to scrub the Louisiana job. After we arrived home Jim received word he received a SSHRC research grant over the next three years to do the Huxley letters project and couldn't keep it if he went to the US. Too good a deal to refuse and we were having second thoughts about the upheaval moving to Louisiana anyway. I think we've made the right decision. The grant allows for lots of subsidized travel to various research libraries in L.A., New York, Houston, Brussels, and England. I think Alexandria could have been a reasonably nice community but already it's 80 degrees with high humidity, severe thunderstorms, and a dangerous storm warning with possible tornados...I don't think so!