Thursday, February 20, 2003




My first painting this year in Carqueiranne. I hadn't painted for a while so wanted to start with something I knew I could do. It was a great warm up and I was pleased with it.





I took this photo last year when we first arrived in Carqueiranne and before knowing that's where we'd end up living. We were jetlagged so arrived early. I look at this sunrise almost every day while I drink my coffee so I was pleased to be able to do a painting of it.



I mainly wanted to practice doing a palm tree but it turned out pretty well so I stuck a sailboat in there too.





I wanted to do these wooden sabots last year but since I only had three brushes and nothing very fine I couldn't do it so brought the pix this year to give it a go. The same sabots are still in the port in Carqueiranne. I added a few and decided to put them going around a buoy. I am absolutely thrilled with this painting (the pic I took doesn't really do it justice)--I think it will become one of my favorites.