Monday, September 23, 2002

This is my latest painting and tiles I painted for a backspash in my kitchen. I did the painting as a study for a canvas floorcloth I want to do for my soon-to-be new terracotta stone floor. I'm doing a partial kitchen reno incorporating my the backsplash plus other painted tiles sporadically placed with white tiles. The designs are all going to be from the paintings I did in the south of France this past winter. My walls are already a wonderful sunny yellow of Provence. I think having this kitchen will always make me think of those wonderfully warm, full of light sunny days during our winter there. Just the thought should brighten up our dark gloomy west coast winter.


Mimosas in bloom along the coast around St. Tropez


Rockfish on a provençale tablecoth painted on tiles