Friday, July 21, 2017

Monet exhibit at The Vancouver Art Gallery

John mentioned he was somewhat disappointed because the paintings he had seen in a book he had were much better.  Yes,  I would have to agree with that and especially if you've seen the absolutely magnificent panels of water lilies at the Orangerie Musee in Paris.  I guess the Vancouver exhibit was very interesting to me because I hadn't seen these ones before and some were moving to an abstract quality and since my abstract experiments which were quite fun I found that aspect intriguing.

Linda,  you might want to try to take in the Orangerie but I know you're pretty booked in Paris.  You can get quite a good idea of the room and the paintings on the link.  I couldn't pick much up for images but these few will give you an idea of the size of the paintings and how wonderful they are.

http://www.musee-orangerie.fr/en/article/set-orangerie