Monday, April 03, 2017

Wonderful rosy sunset with our "Sunset Menu" at Trilusa

Lots of good food and good times with Erna and Marvin last night and a wonderful sunset to boot.   Jim had the wonderful calamari to start and I snagged some.  I had to try the beef carpaccio....ok but way too much argula and not enough beef....loads of wonderful parmesan cheese,  though.   But I have recently been spoiled by the Cactus Club beef carpaccio which is on a par with the best I've ever had which was in Quimper,  France.  It was mainly about about the beef and just a a few stray leaves of veg...the way it should be!

Jim had the chicken cacciatore which didn't have quite enough pasta for him but he got a lot of my pasta from  my "small cioppino"  which was anything but small and unusually had pasta.   I had tiramisu for dessert and everyone else had spumoni....all great choices!





This was called a "small cioppino"....can't imagine what large would be.



Jim's chicken cacciatore....I got all the asparagus.