Thursday, April 06, 2017

Anyone able and interested to make a hat that will be worn at Buckingham Palace?

I'm so happy for my friend, Linda!   Yesterday, she received  an invitation to attend a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.   She is so excited about it and already has her dress and jacket but needs a hat so I'm passing this email long in case anybody can help.

From Linda:

Are you crafty?????    This is what I am looking for.  I’ll check the hat stores around here and I’m off to Vegas in eight days so I can check there.  If all else fails do you think we could make something like this?

I have a white Jones of NY, (cost me a fortune when I was working) jacket and a red and white polka dot dress.   I bought the dress the first year I applied because I was so sure I was getting chosen.  It’s never been worn and it FITS which is amazing.   I thought something like this would look good.  What do you think???  Be honest, too much???  Steal the look?????



This is the letter she received....so exciting for her!

Subject: 1 June - Garden Party at Buckingham Palace - Success

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am pleased to confirm that you have been successful in the ballot for an invitation to attend the Garden Party at Buckingham Palace on 1 June 2017. 

Your name, and that of your guest(s) (if applicable), has been included on the High Commission's nomination list for that day. Please note that the list has been sent to the Palace, so no alterations or substitutions can be made from this point on.  This includes changing your guest or switching to an alternate Garden Party date.

If, due to unforeseen circumstances, you or your guest are unable to attend, please let me know. You are asked to return any unused invitations to me immediately. 

Your invitations and information pack will be ready for collection about two weeks before the Garden Party. We will send you another email with instructions on how to collect your invitations from Canada House, Trafalgar Square. 

The information pack will provide you with information on security requirements, dress code, how to get there, and timetable for the afternoon. Due to the volume of enquiries we receive, we may not be able to answer your question if the answer is already contained in the information pack.  You may also find this information on our website (link)

Important: If you or your guest have any accessibility concerns, please let me know as soon as possible so that the Garden Party Office may accommodate your needs.

Congratulations, and fingers crossed for good weather on the day!

Kind regards,

Michelle Choi
Royal Events Coordinator | Coordonatrice des événements Royaux
Public Affairs Section | Section de la diplomatie ouverte

Canada House | Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London | Londres
SW1Y 5BJ