Saturday, May 14, 2016

Funny if it works that way...

I enjoyed Douglas Todd's article in the Vancouver Sun discussing a book "I'm right and you're an idiot".  It's basically about how we need to stop "polluting the public square" and consider the opinions of others.  Being someone who can be pretty stentorious in presenting my own views which I hold strongly on just about everything,  it struck a chord.

And made me think about what is going on in US politics at the moment.   The Republican old guard and Trump are having to talk to each other  and consider their differences and where they can reach agreement.   Given Sanders tremendous appeal with many Democrats,  Clinton will eventually have to do the same.   Could it be possible that the craziness and total polluting of the public square could actually have a salubrious effect?

Well,   I am known to be an optimist!

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/im-right-and-youre-an-idiot