Wednesday, May 21, 2014

More fun with ATC's

After I painted my Mondrian table I felt a print of Matisse's "Blue Nude" would be perfect to accompany it so this is now on our wall in Palm Springs.  This is a work of art I've always loved and a print was on the wall of the villa we rented in the south of France for four months one year so it brings back those memories as well.  And of course there is the wonderful Matisse Chapel in Vence and also the Matisse Museum in Nice.


And this got me thinking about Matisse and his cutouts and how this might be a good project to do at the ATC meeting so I got some construction paper and started cutting up "Matisse" type stuff.  I chose to use curved nail scissors and these proved an excellent choice for the curvy type cut outs he made.  I didn't try to copy his just the idea of them.  It was actually really fun and I look forward to making more next meeting.


Now,  what was interesting were all the bits (on the right)  that were left over from my cutting.  It's almost a work of art in itself!  But they also will make perfect pieces to make more cutouts.  I see how Matisse had a lot of fun with this!