Thursday, May 08, 2014

Medical updates

Ian:  Ian is doing amazingly well after being gravely ill.  It looks like he may be released from hospital in June at some point.

Jim:  Jim's knee is making very good progress with physiotherapy.

Me:  I started physio yesterday and had her work on my right arm first.  It took quite a beating in the fall and I've been aggravating it by using my arms to take the weight off my knee to get up etc.   I'm walking quite well but stairs are still painful so I hope the physio will help that.  I'm really missing our frequent daily swimming but I don't want to put strain on my arm so will wait until that settles down.

I'm very pleased with my physiotherapist who is from Dublin originally and lived in England for quite a while.  So we had a nice chat about favourite places in Ireland and England.

Looks like a dull day today so will think of the warmth and sunshine of Palm Springs.  Can't complain really as we sat out in the sunshine yesterday and enjoyed the sailboat races that take place Wednesday evening.

Early morning in Canyon Sands.