Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Dick and Susan arrive (sans golfclubs, tennis racquet, unfortunately…)

Dick and Susan came for dinner last night and we had lots of laughs…great to see them.   They have rented a place in Canyon Sands for five weeks.  Westjet lost Dick's golf bag which also had some of Susan's clubs…what a drag…hope it turns up soon.

On Susan's blog she mentioned doing a cactus drawing every day she's here.  I will be snagging one of these for my Palm Springs collage painting!  Susan,  I have another challenge for you….how about doing a weekly drawing of these wonderful mountains?  They have eluded me but perhaps I can learn something from what you do.


I'm anticipating a trip to Palm Springs here.  This drawing in my journal was done with new Gelatos (thanks Dianne!) and watercolour pencils to add the details.  It was inspired by my friend Mimi who suggested I might do 29 cactus drawings while I'm away.  Sort of like 29 Faces, only a different subject.  What a great idea - I am so excited I couldn't wait to get started!