Saturday, November 02, 2013

Decorating update

The first blue I tried was just way too dark but I still am keen for blue with the blue carpet and white tile, and white sofa and chairs.  I think this will work and is quite similar to the blue we inherited in the living and dining room in our first Dewdney house.   We thought we'd change it but came to love it and even used it for our sunroom and master bedroom in our next Dewdney house.  I didn't like the blue carpet as much….the colour was quite similar to the walls.

 I love this blue carpet.  Every moment I am in the living room I will think of having my feet in the Mediterranean.

Benjamin Moore:  Instinct  http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/instinct

I am liking the Gourmet Honey for the hall.  It isn't too dissimilar to what is everywhere in this open design but there is just too too much of it.

I wanted to experiment with purple but just won''t work.  I'm going for Benjamin Moore "Silver Cloud".  I have the advantage of seeing it in the spare bedroom of the Bing's.
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/silvercloud

I think I'll continue with Gourmet Honey for the kitchen rather than the green…seems appropriate!

We did go with the less loud choice for fabric.  Fern mentioned the light colour would be prone to soil but with the blue carpet I think we need that lightness.  I think this pattern will really complement the sharp angles of the chair which currently has the the solid aqua colour.