Friday, November 01, 2013

Best money I have ever spent on anything, ever…no kidding!

I hired an interior designer for a two hour consultation yesterday ($175) and it was really worth it and I have lots of ideas and a paint palette that I feel very happy about.  Still,  she advised getting little pots and painting a part of the walls just to see how it works in all light conditions.  Given this open plan and 24 ft vaulted ceiling I just wasn't confident in doing it completely myself.  It's a completely different space to what I'm used to.

Our white leather sofa and chair arrived and we're really pleased with the look and comfort.




Now,  to go shopping for coffee and end tables and lamps!

We became members of Tahquitz Creek Golf Course "Player's Club" yesterday.   This is the golf club we play on and is 5 min. away.  For the grand sum of $356 we both get unlimited twilight golf.  Jim has found he often gets in 18 holes and I only want 9 holes so it's perfect.  It includes a free bucket of golf balls at the driving range every day for each of us and weekly golf clinics.  You pay a $12 cart rental each but that includes 2 beer or wine each so we figure that fee is really free.

And we got a pesky plumbing problem solved so that's the last of the essential stuff…now just fun decorating.