Tuesday, November 05, 2013

A brilliant idea if I do say so myself

I had second thoughts about a mess of cushions and with the zig zag on the chairs felt minimalist  would be better so have decided to go with one cushion….just love this!

http://www.zazzle.com/mondrian_minimalist_de_stijl_art_pillow_cushion-189105717090830779

It will sit on the sofa in the middle and the red will pick up the red in the den.  I think the square Mondrian design will really complement the zig zag.

Then I had my brilliant idea.  I've been looking for a coffee table and haven't liked anything so far even ones that were $4,000 (which of course I wouldn't pay anyway).   Now that we have the square Mondrian pattern I can see our current coffee table working.  I will paint it the dark blue of the zig zags then accent it with the red, yellow, blue of the Mondrian….my favourite colours and colours I work with so much.


And then I had another brilliant idea…to get a print of Matisse's "Blue Nude" which we will put by the fireplace.  I will have my own paintings up eventually but this will be something on the wall and can always go somewhere else.  This is a painting we both really love and a print was in the villa we rented in Carqueiranne in 2005.  And of course Matisse was from around that area and we visited the Matisse Museum in Nice and the the Matisse Chapel in Vence….all wonderful stuff!



I've been keeping an eye out for a small lamp for the desk in the hall and found the perfect thing at World Market….an Eiffel Tower lamp!