Thursday, August 22, 2013

Apartment at Bidwelll and Nelson

The wonderful thing about the West End is that amidst all the density they have these wonderful old houses and wonderful tree lined streets that  have cul de sacs and round-abouts so traffic can't cut through or go too fast.  I walked beside an apartment Jim and I always comment on when we pass by almost always by car so I took an  opportunity to take some photos.   (Not that we'd want to live there...very shady and no ocean views  but I do like the curved design)

Someone was entering and I commented how much we liked the building and she invited me in and to my great surprise we entered a courtyard.  There are actually three buildings and all look onto the inner garden...how wonderful...it really is a secret garden since you don't see any of it from the street.  Rather reminded me of the coliseum style of the Vancouver Public Library.

 Outside

Next three are all inside views.



 The round-about in the area

This wonderful old house is across the street from the apartment.