Friday, September 07, 2012

Is it just me?

 

 Bill Clinton is obviously a wonderful orator and I probably will listen to his whole speech which I'm sure is on YouTube but did he really say that much of real substance.  I would love to be proven wrong. 

I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the US election but what has filtered down to me and I actually READ and have some interest in it all is that neither candidate has really provided any concrete details about how to solve the problems facing the country.  But,  I could be wrong.  I'm not reading any of it very closely.  So far,  and I admit my view is very superficial at the moment, seems like a lot of blather and glittering generalities on both sides.

Of course,  I'm more positive to Obama because I do respect intelligence,  thoughtfulness,  and social conscience.  I try to be open minded to religion but I guess I do have to say that I feel anyone espousing the Mormon faith is a bit in the loony tunes category for me.

 I never will quite understand the wild, weird, and crazy mix up of the people in the US.   That being said,  I generally I find Americans engaging and interesting despite their politics.  And I certainly wish them well....especially since the well being of the US does affect us in Canada although thankfully not as much as before.

These next two months will be interesting.