Monday, September 03, 2012

A great book season coming up!

 I was really pleased to read in the TC on Sunday that there are loads of books coming out by interesting authors and I'm most excited about Alice Munro's new collection "Dear Life" which will be released Oct 16.  I didn't believe it for a minute when she said she was "retiring from writing".  What she retired from is publishers hounding her for stories.  I figured she'd write on her own schedule and that is seemingly what she did.  Today, I put holds on quite a few mentioned but of course I will be buying the Munro book at Munro's.  Just might be the last time I'll be able to buy a collection of her stories at Jim Munro's bookstore.  I hope she comes out to give a reading.


http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Canada+Authors+heft+fall+book+season/7180615/story.html


And Newsweek came out with 15 books to read this Fall and Munro's was on it....yeah!