Sunday, January 15, 2012

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button....

 Although I religiously put all these little plastic bags of extra buttons in my sewing box I'm not sure I've used any of them.  I decided to take them all out of their tiny packages and put them in a sandwich bag...a lot easier to see what's there.  And I even cleaned up the box...what a mess it was!  And I even found the link I had taken out of my grandmother's gold bracelet.  Now that was worth the effort.


Button, Button, Who's Got the Button is a traditional children's game that is normally played indoors on rainy days and can be played by a large number of children .

The children all stand (or sit) in a circle with their hands out, palms together. One child, called the leader or 'it', takes a button (usually provided by an adult) and goes around the circle, putting their hands in everybody else's hands one by one. In one person's hands they drop the button, though they continue to put their hands in the others' so that no one knows where the button is except for the giver and receiver.
The leader (or alternatively all the children in the circle depending on your preference) starts the other children guessing by saying, "Button, button, who's got the button?" before each child's guess. The child guessing replies with their choice, e.g. "Billy has the button!"
If you have the button, haven't been guessed yet, and it's your turn to guess, you choose someone else so that no one knows it's you.
Once the child with the button is finally guessed, that child is the one to distribute the button and start a new round.