Friday, May 20, 2011

My other wonderful cousin....


Carol, John, and me.

Carol made a wonderful dinner as usual...what a great cook! John has done a great job renovating the kitchen. A super evening and we even got a glimpse of the elusive Mr. Darcy...what a handsome fellow!





Update from yesterday:

And then later on in the afternoon, my other wonderful cousin, John, stopped on his bike to say hello (we were sitting on the balcony) on his bike ride to the British Properties and possibly Cypress Bowl. We have dinner at John and Carol's tonight so will hear if he made it to Cypress Bowl. Makes me tired thinking about it!

Quite a day for family. John is the son of my mother's sister and Bonnie and Georgia are the daughters of one of her brothers. A highlight of our family gatherings together was the sumptuous smorgasbord dinner my Auntie Florence (John's mom) prepared at Christmas time. This was in keeping with our Swedish background. My grandmother was born in Sweden and immigrated as a young woman.

The dinner was followed by a game of charades and carol singing. I don't think any of us will forget "Mary had a swarm of bees" as one song title that my Uncle Doug (John's dad) found on the Christmas carol sheet published by the Sun newspaper. That one really had us stumped. And also sometimes some bagpipe playing by my Uncle Doug to honour his Scottish heritage.