Saturday, January 08, 2011

Lemons into lemonade

Lemon # 1

I brought in the DVD player from our Victoria TV and it messed up getting TV here. They're coming out to fix it Sunday but this motivated me to try Netflix again so we could watch something. I was rather frustrated with what they didn't have but Jim found lots of interesting stuff in the category of "Foreign Classics". I'm pretty impressed with it now...how can you go wrong for $7.95 a month for unlimited streaming video. We just finished watching this one and it was great. I have it set up so we can watch them on our big screen TV.

Another good feature is they keep track of where you left off and it's easy to resume...no trips to the video store and sticky DVD's. I could really get into this.

Bicycle Thieves (1948) - IMDb

Lemon #2

Since we're in Victoria for so little time there really wasn't any point getting the Times-Colonist started again and most people who know us know how much we love our newspaper. So, I got the TC app for the iPad and started playing around with the iPad again. It's just seemed too hectic and too many new things to really play around and learn it...but I think I'm getting hooked.

And I also got the iPad app for Global TV so can watch that the news and other programs.