Thursday, October 07, 2010

Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary Celebrates 35 years



Our good friend, Terry Morrison, has been their Executive Director since the beginning and I would like to support him by asking people to make a donation to their Bridges to Nature fundraising campaign. Every child in Victoria has gained from this wonderful resource. I know Richard loved his school trips there and Terry even gave him his first job at the age of 12...computer programming...what else?

Or perhaps you'd prefer to support them by partying...that option is available as well!

Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary

Dear Friends:

Two of my passions in life - my work and my music - come together in one fun-filled evening, as my band Backstage Betty plays a benefit dance in support of our Bridges to Nature campaign to raise funds for the replacement of our aging boardwalk.

Backstage Betty is great R&B/Rock & Roll band, one of the crowd's favourite regular dance bands at Swan's Brew Pub. It is an 8-piece band with 3 amazing singers, a great sax player and a rockin' guitar player, and we are all about dance music.

I hope you can make it, and I can promise you a good time - there's a special limited edition Swan Lake Beer being launched by Spinnakers Brew Pub, snacks by Country Grocer, and a silent auction. And did I mention dancing?

Please call (250-479-0211) or email me if you would like tickets, and please - feel free to invite friends, and to pass this email along.

The details:
Dance to Backstage Betty
Saturday, Oct. 16, 8:00 to midnight
tickets - $25 per person
Location: St. Joseph the Worker Hall, at the corner of McKenzie Avenue and Burnside Road

Hope to see you there!
Terry