Thursday, October 07, 2010

It's all perspective...

I ran into the father of the woman from McGill who rented our house a couple of years ago while we were in Palm Springs. They came to our book party and had a great time. I was right behind him as we were both buying groceries in Fairway today. He asked if we had sold and I said the market being what it is I don't think we will be selling, then he was complaining about the deer getting so many things from his garden (they have a fabulous garden) and we both were complaining about the weather.

The cashier was this very neat First Nations woman I really have enjoyed chatting to. She piped up "Yeah...I know 15 people who are homeless now and listen to what you're complaining about." Right on! We do need to be reminded how lucky and blessed we are.